To register a new business with the District of Columbia, you will need the following information to complete the tax registration form:
- Your Federal Employer Identification Number and/or Social Security Number
- Your legal form of business (e.g. partnership, corporation, sole proprietor)
- Your business address
- The names, titles, home address, and Social Security number of the proprietor, partners, or principal officers (mandatory)
- The former Entity Information if previously registered with the District
- The addresses for all locations where you will collect sales tax in the District of Columbia
Do you need to register your business and apply for a business license in the District of Columbia? Go to the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs to get more information about corporate registration and business licensing requirements.
Electronic Taxpayer Service Center (eTSC)
The above link is for new registrations only. To make any updates to a previously registered business please complete a Paper FR-500. If you need further assistance, please contact the Customer Service Center.