Real Property Public Extract and Billing/Payment Records
The Office of Tax and Revenue provides download access to real property files for major customers. This service is restricted to mortgage companies that pay tax bills for ten (10) or more properties.
Data from the Public Extract file is also available online through the Real Property Tax Database Search, and the Billing/Payment file is available in CD format to all mortgage companies by request.
The following files are available for download:
Real Property Public Extract provides access to real property information including location, size, usage, property value, assessment, and billing, for more than 183,500 parcels in the District of Columbia.
- Location items include street address, ward, and neighborhood
- Usage items include class and use indicators, along with indirect usage items such as homestead code and mixed use indicators
- Property value indicators include recent sales prices and dates, as well as current and past assessments broken out by land and improvements
Real Property Billing/Payment File provides access to comprehensive billing and payment information for more than 183,500 parcels in the District of Columbia, including:
- Taxes due for first and second half of current year
- Taxes, interest, and penalty due for prior year; taxes and interest due for seven prior years
Real Property Delayed Billing/Payment File, identical in format and content to the Real Property Billing/Payment File above, but containing only those parcels whose bills were delayed from standard billing.
This service is restricted and only available to mortgage companies. You must have a user account to access these files. Qualified mortgage companies that do not have an account may register with the Real Property Tax Administration at (202) 727-4TAX (4829).
To continue, select Real Property Public Extract and Billing Payment Download Center, and enter your User Name and Password at the prompt (Note: User/Pass is case sensitive).