The term "federal/state" means that the DC return is transmitted with the federal return to the IRS. Electronically filed returns provide a variety of advantages, including a shorter refund turnaround time and electronic acknowledgment of receipt of your return.
E-Filing Through a Paid Preparer
Many local tax preparation services participate in DC E-File. When you find a preparer to electronically file your DC return, remember that you must file your federal return electronically at the same time.
E-Filing Through a Commercial Online Filing Service*
Commercial online filing for DC returns is available through the following companies:
- CCH Small Firms Services (TaxWise, ATX)
- CCH Tax and Accounting, a Wolterskluwer business (ProSystem fx)
- CS Professional Suite (UltraTax CS)
- Drake Software (Drake Software, 1040.com)
- HRB Development LLC (HRBS,HRBO, TPS Professional, BlockWorks)
- Intuit (Intuit Tax Online, Lacerte, TurboTax, ProSeries)
- Jackson Hewitt Technology Service (JH ProFiler)
- LAMSON TECH (1040NOW)
- Liberty Tax Service (Libtax US 2014, LibPro, eSmart)
- NTS Services Corp (TaxVision)
- OnePriceTaxes (OnePriceTaxes)
- On-Line Taxes, Inc (OLT.com, OLTPRO DESKTOP, OLT DESKTOP)
- PETZ ENTERPRISES, LLC (CrossLink, CrossLinkOnline)
- TaxACT (TaxACT)
- TaxHawk, Inc (TaxHawk)
- TaxSlayer, LLC (TaxSlayer Pro, TaxSlayer Online)
- Taxware Systems Inc (Wintax-Taxware)
- Thomson Reuters (taxsimple, Agile Tax, GoSystem/ONESOURCE)
* These companies provide tax preparation and filing for a fee. This fee does not go to the District of Columbia. The District of Columbia does not endorse any particular software product.
If you have any questions about DC's federal/state e-File program, please contact the Office of Tax and Revenue at (202) 727-4TAX (4829).