As you may have heard, the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) is upgrading the way individuals and businesses file and pay their taxes with a new tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov.
MyTax.DC.gov will offer a range of benefits that taxpayers and businesses can enjoy when the system is launched in November 2016.
The new online service represents the many ways that OTR is at the forefront of making tax filing simpler and easier.
Features of MyTax.DC.gov
With the new system, businesses will be able to submit returns, schedule and make payments, view account information, transaction history, set-up payment plans, and much more. All that taxpayers liked about eTSC for business is now part of MyTax.DC.gov and then some.
Below are the top 5 things you need to know about MyTax.DC.gov which will launch in November 2016.
- Self-sufficiency: MyTax.DC.gov will allow you to be more self-sufficient on the Internet in the convenience of your home or place of business. With the taxpayer self-service options, you can update your name, address and open and close tax accounts. These options are available to individuals, as well as businesses.
- Online access: On Mytax.DC.gov you will be able to access recent payment activity, return activity, schedule and receive notifications for payments and you can file withholding returns electronically.
- View and print copies of correspondence: You will receive electronic copies of the Office of Tax and Revenue’s correspondence through MyTax.DC.gov.
- Access client accounts: Accountants and/or tax preparers will be able to access client accounts (with clients permission) using one set of credentials.
- Provide daily updates: Lastly, MyTax.DC.gov will provide daily updates on account statuses, notices sent and account transactions.
MyTax.DC.gov for Individual Income Tax Users
MyTax.DC.gov for Business Users
Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about the MyTax.DC.gov portal.
- Changes to the District of Columbia 2017 Withholding Forms and Requirements (PDF)
- MyTax.DC.gov (PDF)
- District of Columbia 2016 Corporation and Unincorporated Business Franchise and Partnership Tax Rates, Forms and Requirements (PDF)
For additional information on MyTax.DC.gov:
- Call OTR’s Customer Service Administration at (202) 727-4TAX (4829)
- Email: email@example.com
- Subscribe to OTR's blog site
- Follow us on Twitter