The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) has implemented an eCheck payment option for property owners who would like to pay their Business Improvement District (BID) taxes online.
The new online payment system is
- Convenient and easy-to-use: No need to write checks or pay postage. You can make your BID tax payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free: We do not charge you to use the online payment system.
- Controlled by you: Your payment is made when you authorize it. You will have full use of your funds while ensuring on-time payments.
- Reliable: When you pay, you will get a “Receipt” and a reference number as proof of your payment.
To use the Business Improvement District Tax eCheck online payment system, search the Real Property Assessment Database and enter your square and lot or your address.
- Click on your property to retrieve your account information.
- Click on “View Tax Information” at the bottom of the page.
- You will see “Real Property” and “Business Improvement District (BID Tax)” due amounts on the Account Summary tab.
- Then, click on “Click here to make payment” in the upper right corner of the page.
- Confirm the tax (es) to be paid (You may unselect a tax if you do not wish to pay at this time).
- Confirm the amount(s) to be paid (The amount paid defaults to the amount owed. You may change the amount if you choose).
- Enter your email address.
- Click on the “Pay Online” button.
- Verify payment amounts. If correct, click on “Submit”.
- You will then be directed to enter your bank account information to complete the payment.
Should you have additional questions, please contact OTR’s Customer Service Administration at (202) 727-4TAX (4829).