Wednesday, February 25, 2015
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) has implemented an eCheck payment option for property owners who would like to pay their Business Improvement District (BID) taxes online.
The new online payment system is
- Convenient and easy-to-use: No need to write checks or pay postage. You can make your BID tax payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free: We do not charge you to use the online payment system.
- Controlled by you: Your payment is made when you authorize it. You will have full use of your funds while ensuring on-time payments.
- Reliable: When you pay, you will get a "Receipt" and a reference number as proof of your payment.
To use the Business Improvement District Tax eCheck online payment system, search MyTax.DC.gov and enter your square and lot or your address.
- Click on "Make a Real Property Payment" to make your payment.
- Type in your Property Address or Square Suffix and Lot.
- Follow the directions to make your payment.
Should you have additional questions, please contact OTR’s Customer Service Administration at (202) 727-4TAX (4829).