Beginning with Tax Year 2016, DC participates in the Modernized e-File program for Corporation (D-20 family), Unincorporated Business Franchise (D-30 family with an EIN only) tax returns and Partnership Return of Income (D-65).
The term "federal/state" means that the DC return is transmitted with the federal return to the IRS. Electronically filed returns provide a variety of advantages, including a shorter refund turnaround time and electronic acknowledgment of receipt of your return.
E-Filing Through a Paid Preparer
Many local tax preparation services participate in DC E-File. When you find a preparer to electronically file your DC return, remember that you must file your federal return electronically at the same time.
Information for Tax Preparers and Software Developers
E-Filing Through a Commercial Online Filing Service*
Commercial online filing for DC returns is available through the following companies:
- Advanced Tax Solutions, LLC (MytaxPerpOffice.com)
- CS Professional Suite (UltraTax CS)
- Drake Software (Drake Software
- PETZ ENTERPRISES, LLC (CrossLink)
- TaxSlayer, LLC (TaxSlayer Pro)
- Universal Tax Systems (ATX)
* These companies provide tax preparation and filing for a fee. This fee does not go to the District of Columbia. The District of Columbia does not endorse any particular software product.
If you have any questions about DC's federal/state e-File program, please contact the Office of Tax and Revenue at (202) 727-4TAX (4829).