Electronic recording enables submitters to scan or upload their documents electronically through an e-recording service provider's secure web-based service and submit the documents for recording.
DC ROD is accepting all document types for e-recording.
Why record electronically?
- It's faster; documents are recorded within a few hours of submission.
- Original documents never leave your possession. Just scan them and they are ready for submission to DC ROD.
- Eliminates the need to manage paper documents, so that means less impact on the environment.
- No special equipment is needed, just a computer, scanner and Internet access.
- Faster communication and resolution of document rejection issues.
- Once accepted for recording, you will receive immediate notification that your document has been officially recorded.
Steps to begin eRecording?
If you would like to begin recording documents electronically, contact any one of the below DC ROD trusted e-Recording vendors.