To register a new business with the District of Columbia, you will need the following information to complete the tax registration form on the District's online tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov:
- Your Federal Employer Identification Number and/or Social Security Number
- Your legal form of business (e.g. partnership, corporation, sole proprietor)
- Your business address
- The names, titles, home address, and Social Security number of the proprietor, partners, or principal officers (mandatory)
- The former Entity Information if previously registered with the District
- The addresses for all locations where you will collect sales tax in the District of Columbia
Do you need to register your business and apply for a business license in the District of Columbia? Go to the DC Business Licensing Portal to get more information about corporate registration and business licensing requirements.
- FR-500 New Business Registration (new registrations only)
To make updates to an existing business account, please log into your MyTax.DC.gov account. For further assistance, please contact the Customer Service Center.