This center is a gateway for the services and information that personal income taxpayers will need to comply with the District's tax laws.
DC Online Filing is a secure site that provides full calculation of District tax and credits and currently allows District residents to file the D-40 and D-40EZ individual forms for free. This site is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Federal/State E-File program allows taxpayers to file their federal and DC returns electronically at the same time. (Electronic filing does not increase the probability of being audited).
- Collection Division
- Common Errors
- Estimated Tax Penalty
- IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Taxpayer Appeal Rights
Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual Income Tax Filing FAQs
- Individual Income Tax Payment/Refund FAQs
- Individual Income Tax Special Circumstances FAQs
- State or Municipal Bond Income for DC Individuals Q&A
Feel free to call or visit our Customer Service Center for additional assistance.