The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) will host a series of workshops on its new filing requirements for tax exempt organizations. This event will serve as a great way to learn more about all changes and processes for those applying for or retaining an Income and Franchise tax, Personal Property tax and/or Sales and Use tax exemption from the District.
The workshops will be held as follows:
- Non-Profits Organizations: Tuesday, April 30; 10 am to 12 noon
- Faith-Based Organizations: Thursday, May 2; 10 am to 12 noon
The workshops are free and will be held at OTR’s office, 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W240. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and give feedback.
As space is limited, individuals who are interested should RSVP by emailing [email protected]
OTR staff will also provide on-the-spot assistance to individuals who may need support recertifying their exemption via our online reporting system. They will need to bring the following documents, as applicable:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by the District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA)
- Certificate of Occupancy or Deed
- IRS Determination Letter