Office of Tax and Revenue

DC Agency Top Menu

The Office of Tax and Revenue Walk-In Center, at 1101 4th Street, SW, is closed.
For assistance, please contact a customer service representative at (202) 727-4TAX (4829).

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Withholding Tax Forms for 2021 Filing Season (Tax Year 2020)

Withholding Tax Forms for 2021 Filing Season (Tax Year 2020)

  • File the FR-900A if you are an annual wage filer whose threshold is less than $200 per year.  Note: The 2019 FR-900A is due January 31, 2020.  Deposits are due by January 20, 2020, for the preceding calendar year.
  • File the FR-900Q if you are required to pay monthly or quarterly.  Beginning January 1, 2019, if you have a household employee, you must obtain an FEIN and report such withholding using the FR-900Q.
  • File the FR-900P if you are making payments other than electronically.  Please indicate, by shading the oval on the payment voucher, if you are a non-wage filer.


(Please note the Office of Tax and Revenue is no longer producing and mailing Withholding Tax booklets. Tax and period-specific instructions are available within the table.)

Form # Title Filing Date

2020 FR-900Q

2020 FR-900Q (Fill-in)

2020 FR-900Q (Instructions)

Employer/Payer Withholding Tax Quarterly Return On or before the 20th day of the quarter following the quarter being reported.

2020 FR-900A

2020 FR-900A (Fill-in)

2020 FR-900A (Instructions)

Employer/Payer Withholding Tax Annual Return

Do Not Use Form FR-900A as an Annual Reconciliation Return.

On or before January 20th of the year following year being reported


On or before January 31, 2021

2020 FR-900NP

2020 FR-900NP (Fill-in)

2020 FR-900NP Instructions

Annual Return for Withholding Reported on Forms 1099 and W-2G As necessary

2020 FR-900P

2020 FR-900P (Fill-in)

Payment Voucher for Withholding Tax As necessary

Form WT

Form WT (Fill-in)

Transmittal for Paper Forms W-2/1099

January 31, 2021

If any due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the statements must be filed by the next business day.


D-4 (Fill-in)

NOTE:  The D-4 will be updated once the IRS releases their version.

Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate

File with employer when starting new employment or when claimed allowances change


D-4A (Fill-in)

NOTE:  The D-4A will be updated once the IRS releases their version.

Certificate of Non-residence in DC

File with employer when requested
Unemployment Compensation Program DC Department of Employment Services Unemployment Withholding. View more information here.