Office of Tax and Revenue

DC Agency Top Menu

The Office of Tax and Revenue Reopens Walk-In Center and Recorder of Deeds Office for In-Person Services on October 4. Learn more here.
In-person appointments can be made by clicking here.
Certificate of Clean Hands: Obtaining a Certificate of Clean Hands is a simple process by visiting MyTax.DC.gov.

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Motor Fuel Tax Forms and Instructions

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Generally, each importer engaged in selling or other disposition or use of motor vehicle fuel in DC must file a monthly Motor Fuel tax return, form FR-400M. Persons who bring fuel for use such as in excavating equipment on a DC construction site must also file the FR-400M if that fuel is brought from outside DC and is not delivered by a DC licensed importer.

When and where should you file your form FR-400M?

Returns must be filed and any tax due must be paid by the 25th of the month following the month being reported. If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the return is due the next business day. You must also file a return even if you have no tax liability for the next month.