The mission of the Office of Tax and Revenue's Collection Division is to collect promptly the proper amount of tax from all persons who have not filed tax returns and/or paid tax as required by District of Columbia law; to encourage future compliance with the law; and to provide accurate, timely and courteous customer service.
Visit Collection Information to find the topics below:
- Bulk Sales Act
- Clean Hands
- Certificate of Clean Hands (Formerly Certificate of Good Standing)
- Discovery Program
- Enforcement Actions
- Extension of Time to File
- Notice of Tax Due
- Special Events
- Voluntary Disclosure
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How Do I Contact the Collection Division?
- How Do I Request Reconsideration of a Decision?
- What Are My Rights? See Taxpayer Appeal Rights
- Other FAQs
- Credit Card, eCheck, or by Mail
- Installment Payments
- Offer in Compromise